Summer Body Care with Avon Senses
Before I became an Avon Representative, Avon Senses was one of my favorite Avon brands back when it was known as Avon Naturals. It is still a fave of mine as well as my customers, especially during the hot summer months due to their lightweight formulas that are available in a variety of floral scents including the Limited Edition summer scent Lemon Blossom & Basil. You can create a long lasting scent by layering your favorite Avon Senses scent with matching shower gel, lotion, body spray & bubble bath.
Body sprays are “a scented spray for the body” (Merriam-Webster Dictionary, 2017). Though many think that body spray & perfume/cologne are the same due to the fact that they both are ways to help you smell nicer, in reality, that is the only similarity they have.
- Body sprays contain more water & alcohol creating a more lightweight formula.
- Perfume scents last longer due to its higher concentration of aromatic oils & extracts.
- Body sprays are less expensive compared to perfumes
- Body sprays are best when sprayed on your body directly, while perfume can be sprayed on clothing.
Applying Body Spray Tips
Many switch to a body spray in the summer as a way to minimize their body odor due to high humidity that occurs during the hot summer months with a lighter fragrance compared to perfume. If used correctly, you can prolong how long the body spray scent will last even though you are sweating. Always keep in mind when applying any fragrance people’s allergies when you are out in public.
Here are some tips from Beauty Health Tips on how you can get the most out of your body spray:
- Hold the spray minimum 6 inches from desired area you are spraying.
- To ensure scent lasting longer, apply to parts of your body where you can easily feel a pulse such as bottom of your throat, behind your knee, behind the ear & inside your elbow.
- Never apply body spray to your face as it may irritate & dry out your skin.
- Do not rub after you spray as this will dilute the concentration of the spray causing it to not last as long. It is best to just leave it along & let dry as it stands.
- Allow the body spray to completely dry on your skin prior to applying clothing.
- Complement body spray with matching shower gel to help prolong the scent even longer.
- Those with dry skin should ensure their skin is moisturized prior to applying body spray to ensure the scent to last longer. (Luckily, Avon Senses also has line of lotions that you can pair with your favorite Avon Senses body spray scent!)
- Make sure to store your body spray away from the sun & in a cool place to ensure you retain the alcohol & fragrance as long as possible.
FYI: Did you know that if you apply a sweet scent to the back portion of the neck when you first wake up in the morning or after a short a nap, you will feel refreshed & in a good mood. A great tip for those cranky pants in the morning.
For more information & tips on applying body spray, check out Beauty Health Tips Blog Best Tips for Applying Body Spray
Avon Senses body sprays will wrap you in beautifully floral scented mists that will leave your skin feeling refreshed. They are available for purchase at regular price of $10 each through your local Avon representative or online at www.youravon.com/jantunes.
Avon Senses Blushing Cherry Blossom Body Spray: You’ll feel flirty and feminine with the alluring fragrance of blushing cherry blossoms accented by dewy apples and sweet red berries.
Avon Senses Energizing Green Tea & Verbena Body Spray: Energizing and sparkling scents of delicate green tea bud and sweetly scented verbena blend perfectly with precious ginger to add a touch of spice to this invigorating, fresh fragrance. This formula, containing vitamins E and C, that will leave skin lightly scented.
Avon Senses Fresh Cucumber & Melon Body Spray: Enjoy a splash of summer with the fresh fragrance of crisp cucumber and juicy melon accented by a note of lush violet leaf.
Avon Senses Juicy Pomegranate & Mango Body Spray: Luscious fruit fragrance entices you with notes of juicy, sweet pomegranate and mango highlighted by white woods.
Avon Senses Silky Vanilla Body Spray: Snuggle up with the comforting fragrance of silky vanilla, brown sugar crystals and a delicate sheer woods background.
Many continue to take bubble baths even as adults as a way to relax, especially after a long day or week. Don’t like taking baths? Check out these “9 Health Benefits of Taking a Hot Bath” from Healthy Page:
- Reduces anxiety & depression, even seasonal depression, due to increase endorphin flow.
- Have arthritis or joint pain? Hot baths decrease joint pain.
- Improve circulation by opening up your blood vessels making blood flow easier.
- Get a clearer, refreshed mental state especially if you add certain essential oils to your bath that help your mental state like sage (improves memory) or bergamot (relieves stress).
- With better blood flow, you will improve your immune system & natural healing process resulting in helping you fight infections & colds.
- For some, regular baths can help reduce body odor.
- Have trouble sleeping? Taking a bath increases your body temperature, so when you get out & your body temperature gradually decreases, you will begin to feel sleepy. So you will be able to fall asleep more easily & even stay asleep longer.
- Increases your metabolism helping you burn body fat faster.
- Enjoy smoother, softer skin.
You can also check out 10 Scientifically Proven Health Benefits of Taking a Bath
Tips on a Stress Relief Bathes
One of the main reasons people take a bath is so they relieve stress from their daily lives. Many of us can’t afford to go to the spa when you are a roughing day so taking a bath is the next best thing. Here are some tips from Shape Magazine on how to create a stress relief bathing atmosphere that will have you feel like you spent a day at the spa:
- Create a quiet atmosphere. Leave your phone & any other distractions you may have in the other room- Tune Out.
- Have a spa like atmosphere in your bathroom by dimming the lights & lighting a few candles. Click here for a list of 5 Scents for Relaxation recommended by National Sleep Foundation.
- Make sure to not have your bath too hot or your nervous system will be on high alert making it harder to relax. Your bath shouldn’t be more then 95 to 101 degrees.
- Add Epsom salt as it fills to help “soothe aching muscles, ease cramping, relieve stress, increase circulation, and even detoxify your skin” (Shape, 2015).
- Indulge in a glass of wine or herbal tea that you can sip leisurely.
- Cleanse your body from head to toe with soap & exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin cells with a soft bristle body brush or loofah.
- Wrap yourself in a soft, cozy robe when you get out.
- Lock in your skin moisture once your skin has dried. Check out Avon Senses Body Lotion or bath oil with Avon Skin So Soft.
For more information & tips from Shape Magazine on creating a spa like bath check out 10 Steps to Your Most Heavenly Bubble Bath.
Enjoy a relaxing bath with fresh, relaxing scents & long lasting bubbles with dermatologists tested Avon Senses Bubble Bath. Receive up to 24 baths per bottle at regular price of $8 through your local Avon representative or online at www.youravon.com/jantunes.
Avon Senses Cherry Blossom Bubble Bath: You’ll feel flirty and feminine after pampering yourself with the alluring fragrance of cherry blossoms accented by jasmine and sweet red fruit. The luxurious bubbles relax you from head to toe, leaving you cleansed and delicately scented.
Avon Senses Cucumber Melon Bubble Bath: Let yourself relax in refreshing bubbles scented with crisp cucumber and sweet melon.
Avon Senses Endless Ocean Bubble Bath: Relax as frothy bubbles gently wash over you with the uplifting, fresh scent of an ocean breeze touched by juicy mandarin and sun-drenched driftwood. This bubble bath indulgence leaves you feeling revitalized and delicately scented.
Avon Senses Lavender Garden Bubble Bath: Bring the spa treatment home with the Lavender Garden Bubble Bath. Soak yourself in bliss and soothe your senses with the fresh aromas of lavender and chamomile.
Avon Senses Lily & Honeysuckle Blossom Bubble Bath: A fresh, sunny scent of white lily, sweet honeysuckle blossom and blonde woods.
Avon Senses Sensitive Skin Bubble Bath: Now everyone with tender skin can take the spa home with Avon Senses Sensitive Skin Bubble Bath. This new formula is designed to form a gentle bath and soften the water. Reduces irritation, redness, and rashes unlike other products.
Avon Senses Soft Pink Bubble Bath: Just for you, a romantic bubble bath bouquet! Enjoy the relaxing embrace of frothy bubbles delicately scented by soft pink flowers, rose, lilac, lavender and jasmine, plus a kiss of warm vanilla. Soft Pink‘s feminine fragrance is a classic favorite for every season.
Avon Senses Vanilla Cream Bubble Bath: Indulge yourself with the decadent fragrance of Vanilla Cream Bubble Bath. This long-lasting, dermatologically tested bubble bath calms after even the most stressful days with the relaxing aroma of natural Madagascar vanilla. They blend elegantly with notes of musk and balsamwood.
Keeping your skin moisturized is very important in order to have healthy, smooth skin. Maintaining your skin’s moisture will minimize cracked, dry skin which can become itchy & irritated. Just like with most beauty products, there are different types of skin moisturizers you can use to help keep your skin moisturized & healthy. Based on your type of skin & season, that will determine what type of body lotion is best for your skin:
- Dry Skin: A thick creamy moisturizer with healing ingredients like shea butter or coconut oil which help maintain your moisture barrier.
- Normal Skin: Though you have a low maintenance skin, it is still important to moisturize your skin with a lotion that has ingredients like Vitamin C & E to help manage damaged skin & keep your skin hydrated.
- Oily Skin: Even those with oily skin need to moisturize your skin. Using an oil-free, lightweight body lotion will keep your skin soft.
- Combination Skin: An oil free, lightweight body lotion are best due to the fact that heavy creams or water based gels are too heavy or drying to the combination areas of your skin.
- Sensitive Skin: You want body lotions that have soothing ingredients & do not contain any chemicals, dyes or perfumes as it will irritate your skin.
Applying Lotion to Your Body Tips
Applying a lotion/moisturizer to your skin is very important to keep it hydrated & protected as you go about your day. Here are some tips on applying body lotion in order to get the maximum hydration & protection:
- Apply your body lotion evenly starting with a coin size dollop on one body part at a time going bottom up .
- Best time to apply body lotion is on warm, moist skin like after a shower or bath.
- After taking a shower or bath,pat dry prior to applying a moisturizer to your clean skin.
- Exfoliating your skin to remove the top layer of dead skin cells on a regular basis will help your skin absorb your moisturizer better.
- Use special creams, lotions or moisturizers for targeted areas like your feet, elbows or knees.
- Do not use body lotions on your face. It is best use facial moisturizers which are designed to help you with wrinkles, acne & ability to apply around sensitive areas like your eyes.
Enjoy 30 hours of moisture with skin that looks & feels velvety smooth with Avon Senses Body Lotion. They are available for purchase at regular price of $8 each through your local Avon representative or online at www.youravon.com/jantunes.
Avon Senses Blushing Cherry Blossom: You’ll feel flirty and feminine with the alluring fragrance of blushing cherry blossom accented by dewy apples and sweet red berries.
*NEW* Avon Senses Creamy Fruity Yogurt Body Lotion: Enjoy the sweet scent of Chantilly cream with hints of pomegranate and raspberry as you moisturize your skin using the creamy lotion containing shea butter and yogurt powder.
Avon Senses Energizing Green Tea & Verbena Body Lotion: Energizing and sparkling scents of delicate green tea bud and sweetly scented verbena blend perfectly with precious ginger to add a touch of spice to this invigorating, fresh fragrance. This creamy, gentle, lightweight formula provides 30-hour moisture with help of vitamins E, vitamin C and shea butter that will leave your skin looking healthy and feeling moisturized. As a non-greasy/non-sticky lotion, you can even use it as a hand lotion!
Avon Senses Fresh Cucumber & Melon Body Lotion: Enjoy a splash of summer with the fresh fragrance of crisp cucumber and juicy melon accented by a note of lush violet leaf.
Avon Senses Pomegranate & Mango Body Lotion: Luscious fruit fragrance entices you with notes of juicy, sweet pomegranate and mango highlighted by white woods.
Avon Senses Silky Vanilla Body Lotion: Snuggle up with the comforting fragrance of silky vanilla, brown sugar crystals and a delicate sheer woods background. Hypoallergenic.
Shower gels are one way you can clean your body compared to body wash or soap. More and more people, men & women, are beginning to use shower gel as their choice of cleanser. According to MensXP, here are the benefits of using shower gels compared to using a bar of soap:
- Shower gels have a more potent formula of essential oils, fragrances & vitamins. You are more likely to find shower gels that will best suit your skin type & any concerns you may have compared to soap.
- Bars of soap are more likely to be contaminated from other people compared to a shower gel that is packaged in an enclosed bottle.
- Enjoy more choices of floral or aromatherapy scents in a shower gel to help you relax.
- In the long run, there is less unused waste with shower gels compared to soaps where you may lose some from moisture or being left in a soap dish (yucky soap scum you see in your soap dishes)
- You get a much more rich lather with shower gels compared to soaps.
- If someone in your household has a skin condition/disease, shower gels ensure no one else is infected.
- For a more contemporary, stylish look in your bathroom, shower gels are being used more in hotels & other accommodations.
- You will end up needing less time in the shower due to shower gels being much easier to rinse off.
- Soaps tend to dry your skin while shower gels help lock in your skin’s moisture.
How to Use Shower Gel Effectively
Just like with any product, if you are not using it properly, you will not be able to enjoy the full effects of the product. Here are ways to use your favorite shower gel effectively according to Instah.
- Apply the shower gel on a wash cloth, shower pouf or loofah to build up a good lather & then rinse thoroughly with clear water.
- Make sure your body is wet with warm water.
- Avoid scrubbing hard with your wash cloth, shower pouf or loofah as it could irritate your skin.
- Do not apply shower gel to your face as it may dry out or irritate your skin. Avoid getting it into your eyes as it may cause them to get that burning sensation.
- Lather & rinse your legs & underarms with the shower gel prior to shaving.
- Make sure to choose a shower gel that is best for your skin, for example, if you have sensitive skin, it is best to get an unscented or hypoallergenic.
Get a rich, creamy lather that will condition your skin with moisture when you use Avon Senses Shower Gel. They are available for purchase at regular price of $6 each through your local Avon representative or online at www.youravon.com/jantunes.
Avon Senses Blushing Cherry Blossom Hydrating Shower Gel: You’ll feel flirty and feminine with the alluring fragrance of blushing cherry blossoms accented by dewy apples and sweet red berries.
*NEW* Creamy Fruity Yogurt Body Scrub: The exfoliating scrub with crushed cranberry seeds and yogurt powder gives your skin a polished glow and velvety smooth, energized feel.
*NEW* Creamy Fruity Yogurt Hydrating Shower Gel: Enjoy the sweet scent of Chantilly cream with hints of pomegranate and raspberry as you gently cleanse and hydrate your skin leaving it refreshed and delightfully soft.
Avon Senses Energizing Green Tea & Verbena Hydrating Shower Gel: Energizing and sparkling scents of delicate green tea bud and sweetly scented verbena blend perfectly with precious ginger to add a touch of spice to this invigorating, fresh fragrance. This moisturizing formula with vitamins E and C that is gentle & will leave your skin cleansed and conditioned.
Avon Senses Fresh Cucumber & Melon Hydrating Shower Gel: Enjoy a fresh feeling with the fragrance of crisp cucumber and juicy melon accented with lush violet leaf. This moisturizing shower gel leaves skin cleansed and conditioned.
Avon Senses Juicy Pomegranate & Mango Hydrating Shower Gel: A luscious fruit fragrance entices you with notes of juicy, sweet pomegranate and mango highlighted by white woods. This moisturizing shower gel leaves skin cleansed and conditioned.
Avon Senses Silky Vanilla Hydrating Shower Gel: Snuggle up with the comforting fragrance of silky vanilla, brown sugar crystals and a delicate sheer woods background. This moisturizing shower gel leaves skin cleansed and conditioned.
How to Purchase Avon Senses Products
There are 2 ways you can purchase Avon Senses products:
- Through your local Avon representative through current Avon brochure and sales fl.
- Online at www.youravon.com/jantunes with FREE SHIPPING on all $40+ orders.
For over 100 years, customer satisfaction has been a #1 priority at Avon. Standing behind every product sold, Avon will gladly give you a full refund on all online purchases with your return within 90 days from the date of purchase.
Click Here or Email Jen Antunes at email@example.com to learn more about becoming an Avon representative.
What You Can Do With Avon: Shop Avon Online Shop Avon Brochure Sell Avon Use Reference Code: jantunes Earn Free Avon Donate with Avon